Saturday 6 October 2007

End of Mayan Calendar, 21/12/2012 What does this mean for the Human race

InnerTree

Add to My Profile | More Videos


John Major Jenkins is an independent researcher who has devoted himself to reconstructing ancient Mayan cosmology and philosophy. Since 1986, John has traveled to Mexico and Central America seven times.

I believe that human civilization is passing through an era of great transformation. Ten years ago I began seeking answers to big questions, questions involving human spirituality, human history, and the lost wisdom of ancient civilizations. My search brough me to the Maya. Mayan cosmology contains within it the explanation for our current global transformation, and possibilities for how we can survive it. My work has been to reconstruct the lost Galactic Cosmology of the Maya, to indentify Izapa as an initiation center, and to stimulate the renaissance of Indigenous Cultures in the New World.

"Maya Cosmogenesis 2012" is based upon my realization, in 1993, that the end-date of the Long Count Calendar in 2012 pinpoints a rare alignment in a vast cycle of time called the precession of the equinoxes. Wanting to establish evidence for this, and to ascertain how and where the ancient skywatchers discovered and mapped this cycle, I devoted myself to an in depth study of Mesoamerican astronomy, cosmology, culture, and ethnography. I sought the answers to key questions, and pieced together- primarily from academic literature - my progressive interpretation of Mesoamerican history and cosmology. The exciting thing to consider is that this knowledge reemerges at a time when we really need it, for the 2012 end-date looms before us.

2 comments:

sasa_devil-69 said...

all what you say is lie and you are a lier nothing knew this thing that only allah annd your god

Unknown said...

its an astounishing news, but hats off to him.....