Saturday 6 October 2007

The Hymn To Love - Apostle Paul (Corinthians First Epistle -Chapter 13)

Chapter Thirteen of St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love,
I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

And if I have prophetic powers,
and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains,
but have not love,
I am nothing.

If I give away all I have,
and if I deliver my body to be burned,
but have not love,
I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind;
love is not jealous or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.

Love does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

Love bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.

Love never ends;
as for prophecies, they will pass away;
as for tongues, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will pass away.

For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;
but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

When I was a child,
I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child,
I reasoned like a child;
when I became a man,
I gave up childish ways.

For now we see in a mirror dimly,
but then face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully,
even as I have been fully understood.

So faith,
hope,
love
abide, these three;
but the greatest of these
is love.

2 comments:

* Ntina Kitsou (Ντίνα Κίτσου) * said...

I might have youth, or the wisdom of the age, i might be a father, or a mother, or a child, but
if i do not have Love, i am nothing.

No matter how bright the sun, or how affluent i might be,
if i do not have Love, i have nothing.

Even when future seems promising, and life smiles to me, and all horizons are clear as the sea,
if i do not have Love, i go nowhere.

Love is a right, not a duty, if i give it in exchange, then it is not Love.

Love is clear as the water, pure as the air, Love is solid like the rock, Love is fertile like the earth, Love is strong like the wind, Love is Light.

If i do not let go of passions and desires, i can not Love.

If i give it expecting return, i do not Love.

If i can not trust with my heart, i can not love.

If i am not humble, but seek lust and sins instead of utter purity, then i am not good enough to love.

I will be able to recognize Love, because from incomplete, i will become one complete person.

It will be what i have always waited for. That will be Love. It will call my name, Love will already know who i am.

All things will find their true meaning. That will be the revelation of Love.

It will be as my whole life was meant for it. Then i know it was meant for Love.

I will feel peace and serenity and bliss. I will feel as if i am with an Angel. That is Love.

Love is a gift from God.

Love knows no limits. Has no boundaries.

Love knows no denials, only acceptance.

Love is Sacrifice.

Love is Forgiveness.


Love is the rebirth of the soul.

Love is the beating Heart of all living Things.


I, who believe that i know what Love is, i am mistaken. For Love is a secret from the Heavens, and from the Heavens i must ask it.

I, who is sure that i have felt it, i am wrong. Because Love transforms me into a new person.

I , who bragg about having been blessed with Love, i must open my eyes, for blessed are the Humble ones of life, and those who will never boast it. Only those are blessed to recognize Love.

Love is life after death and life before death.

Love is calmness after storm. Love is light after dark.

Love is to see with my eyes wide shut, for beauty is inside me.

Love is to hear without sounds, for Love is all around me.


Love is to touch without hands, for Love is kindness.


Love is human.

Love is Divine.

Love is eternal.

fairman said...

“Where there is love there is life.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Ευχαριστουμε για το γραψιμο σας αυτο